Skip to main content

Philadelphia

Go Search
All Ports
Philadelphia
PHL Calendar
  
Philadelphia > Pages > Notices  

Web Part Page Title Bar image
Notices

 Year

 Month

 Port Updates

 Daily Port Update

Subject:PHILADELPHIA UPDATE- HAZARDOUS WEATHER FORECAST
Date:Monday, January 26, 2015
Priority:Normal
Notice:

Hazardous Weather Conditions

<a&lon=-75.1657">Winter Storm Warning in effect from January 26, 12:00 PM EST until January 27, 06:00 PM EST<a&lon=-75.1657">Hazardous Weather Outlook is in effect

Current Conditions

Detailed Forecast

Today Snow. High near 36. Northeast wind 14 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible. Tonight Snow with areas of blowing snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. North wind 16 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible. Tuesday Snow with areas of blowing snow before noon, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after noon. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 34. Northwest wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible. Tuesday Night A chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 15 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible. Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph. Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14.Thursday A chance of snow showers after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.Thursday Night Snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 28. Chance of precipitation is 60%.Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.


Marine forecast
 Hazardous marine condition(s):
<a+Weather+Outlook"> Hazardous Weather Outlook
<a+Warning"> Gale Warning

5-  300 AM EST MON JAN 26 2015      .SYNOPSIS FOR THE COASTAL WATERS FROM SANDY HOOK NJ TO FENWICK  ISLAND DE AND FOR DELAWARE BAY...    LOW PRESSURE ACROSS THE CENTRAL APPALACHIANS WILL TRACK TO THE  VIRGINIA CAPES BY NOON THEN INTENSIFY RAPIDLY IN ITS NORTHEAST  TURN...NEARING CAPE COD BY NOON TUESDAY AND THEN WEAKENING OFF TO  NOVA SCOTIA ON WEDNESDAY. HIGH PRESSURE FROM THE WEST IS FORECAST  TO ARRIVE WEDNESDAY NIGHT. A WEAK LOW IS EXPECTED TO FOLLOW AND  PASS OVER OUR REGION THURSDAY NIGHT OR FRIDAY. ANOTHER AREA OF  HIGH PRESSURE IS THEN ANTICIPATED FOR NEXT WEEKEND.    $$

   ANZ454-455-261915-  COASTAL WATERS FROM CAPE MAY NJ TO CAPE HENLOPEN DE OUT 20 NM-  COASTAL WATERS FROM CAPE HENLOPEN TO FENWICK ISLAND DE OUT 20 NM-  300 AM EST MON JAN 26 2015    GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON EST TODAY THROUGH TUESDAY  AFTERNOON    TODAY  NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT...INCREASING  TO 25 TO 30 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 40 KT THIS AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO  5 FT...BUILDING TO 6 TO 9 FT LATE THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON.  MAINLY IN NE SWELL WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 6 SECONDS. RAIN.  VSBY 1 TO 3 NM LATE THIS MORNING AND AFTERNOON.  TONIGHT  N WINDS 30 TO 35 KT...BECOMING 25 TO 35 KT AFTER  MIDNIGHT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 9 SECONDS... BUILDING  TO 11 TO 15 FT DOMINANT PERIOD 10 SECONDS LATE. RAIN UNTIL EARLY  MORNING. SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW AFTER  MIDNIGHT. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM...DECREASING TO 1 NM OR LESS AFTER  MIDNIGHT.  TUE  N WINDS 25 TO 30 KT...BECOMING NW 20 TO 25 KT IN THE LATE  MORNING AND AFTERNOON. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT... SUBSIDING TO 8 TO 11 FT  IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON. MAINLY IN E SWELL WITH A  DOMINANT PERIOD OF 11 SECONDS. SNOW IN THE MORNING...THEN SNOW  AND RAIN LIKELY IN THE AFTERNOON. AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW. VSBY  1 NM OR LESS.  TUE NIGHT  NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. SEAS  6 TO 9 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 7 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT. MAINLY IN N  SWELL WITH A DOMINANT PERIOD OF 10 SECONDS.  WED  NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT...DIMINISHING TO 15 TO 20 KT IN THE  AFTERNOON. GUSTS UP TO 35 KT. SEAS 4 TO 6 FT.  WED NIGHT  NW WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT. SEAS  2 TO 4 FT.  THU  NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING SW. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A  CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF RAIN AND  SNOW SHOWERS THROUGH THE NIGHT. VSBY 1 TO 3 NM.  FRI  W WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING NW 15 TO 20 KT. SEAS 3 TO  5 FT.    $$

<span-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:navy">RGDS

<span-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Lucida Calligraphy";color:navy">NORM THECKSTON

<span-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Lucida Calligraphy";color:navy"> 

<span-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:navy">MORAN SHIPPING AGENCIES, INC.
PH: 856-456-6848 FX: 856-456-6869  CL: 609-374-4163
phl@moranshipping.com  www.moranshipping.com

<span-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:navy">REPLY TO OUR GROUP EMAIL phl@moranshipping.com

IMPORTANT
<span-size:7.5pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";color:navy">: This message (along with any attachments) is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this email in error and that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: All emails to anyone @moranshipping.com are communications to the firm and are not private or confidential to any named individual.

 <span-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";color:#1F497D">

Notice posted on Monday, January 26, 2015

Disclaimer
For quality assurance purposes please note well that while the above information is regularly vetted for accuracy it is not intended to replace the local knowledge or expertise pertaining to port conditions of our marine operations personnel. Port précis should always be verified by contacting the corresponding marine department of a particular location for the most up-to-date information.